Wednesday, May 26, 2004
CBC Radio continues to impress me as I dig deeper to learn more about our culture and our responsibility to understand others and communicate them factually and compassionately. This collection of mini-articles pinpointing portions of Indian culture is great. I support that the pictures and commentaries are simply presenting the facts about caste, traditions and transformations of the country, whether they be minute or massive.
My recommendations within the collection of pictures and audio clips are Dhobi Ghat, Dabbawallahs (for the pics), and City of Dreams (for the audio clip). I particularly like the beginning of the audio for City of Dreams because it brings me back to India, chaotic and buzzing. Of course, it is as common to walk into a crowd worshipping Hindu gods as it is to see a man pissing in the street. I was almost waiting for a clip of that! Many of the audio clips refer to the "India Shining" campaign which flies in the face of the recently ousted BJP political party. This motto will certainly be nixed with the highly anticipated unveiling of the newly elected Congress Party promises for the future.
Enjoy! Be prepared to battle the frenetic sounds of India to listen to your thoughts of what the human dynamics are of such a populous and diverse country.
My recommendations within the collection of pictures and audio clips are Dhobi Ghat, Dabbawallahs (for the pics), and City of Dreams (for the audio clip). I particularly like the beginning of the audio for City of Dreams because it brings me back to India, chaotic and buzzing. Of course, it is as common to walk into a crowd worshipping Hindu gods as it is to see a man pissing in the street. I was almost waiting for a clip of that! Many of the audio clips refer to the "India Shining" campaign which flies in the face of the recently ousted BJP political party. This motto will certainly be nixed with the highly anticipated unveiling of the newly elected Congress Party promises for the future.
Enjoy! Be prepared to battle the frenetic sounds of India to listen to your thoughts of what the human dynamics are of such a populous and diverse country.