Friday, June 11, 2004

I have been quite weirded out by the parading around of the Reagan casket these past few days. I don't know what obsession is with watching the box being moved around, LIVE on television, is. I also think it is interesting that even in death, Reagan gets to travel; California, Washington, and California again.

One aspect the funeral of Reagan that I find fascinating is the group of people in the room, paying their respects. A few rows behind Nancy, sat Brian Mulroney, Margaret Thatcher, Mikhail Gorbechev, and Prince Charles. What an interesting group, or clique, I should say. I noted that Bill and Hillarey were somewhat disheveled, sleeping occasionally and looking older than the Bush twins. Hmmm...

No matter what I observe about the event, I must admit it is somewhat compelling to watch. I have little recollection of those 1980 years, though I recognize them as the beginning of my awareness of the world. As a child of the 80's, I think more often of 'Beat It' and Molly Ringwald movies, like totally.

What strikes me about this old group of former Head(s) of State, are their casual and yet polished approach to speeches. It seems that something has been lost in this age where the leaders come off as robotic, unfeeling, and paralyzed.

------------

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?