Tuesday, August 17, 2004
....
I must admit it - I was recently impatient waiting for service at a retail store. What does this mean for me? Have I lost sight of the great patient spirit that I discovered in India? I didn't like waiting for things there, but I did, because I had to and I had nowhere I needed to be. Am I already fully re-integrated into North American culture?
Frustration with waiting for a 'necessary' service is normal, but is it natural? I'm not stressed, or pressed for time whatsoever. Why then, the tapping of my nails on the counter? I dislike that attitude within myself, not to mention others. Once I begin to recognize this impatience in my vehicle, I must reconcile that I am no longer shocked by our culture, but rather intrinsic. Then, I will have to change the blog name, maybe even discontinue the blog altogether. Four months back from India, and needing a shake already.
I must admit it - I was recently impatient waiting for service at a retail store. What does this mean for me? Have I lost sight of the great patient spirit that I discovered in India? I didn't like waiting for things there, but I did, because I had to and I had nowhere I needed to be. Am I already fully re-integrated into North American culture?
Frustration with waiting for a 'necessary' service is normal, but is it natural? I'm not stressed, or pressed for time whatsoever. Why then, the tapping of my nails on the counter? I dislike that attitude within myself, not to mention others. Once I begin to recognize this impatience in my vehicle, I must reconcile that I am no longer shocked by our culture, but rather intrinsic. Then, I will have to change the blog name, maybe even discontinue the blog altogether. Four months back from India, and needing a shake already.