Saturday, February 05, 2005

You know, getting tickets to the concert of the biggest band in the world is tough. Though my confidence to attain tickets was admittedly overzealous, I cannot believe that I do not have a set of tickets to the two Vancouver U2 concerts in April. I was rip-roaring to go, with sidekicks all over the place. Altogether, eight of us were in a queue at some point, whether it be via phone, ticket-wicket-lottery, or online; and none of us left with a charge on our credit card. Unreal.

U2 is big. What frustrates me is why does everyone else have to know they're so damn cool? Okay, like Bono said, U2 is a corporation - a globally recognized brand. So, what did I expect? I expected a hell of a lot of people to sleep in, that's what.

Well, I get in there somehow. This is the concert tour to attend. I saw them twice before. I caught the ZooTV tour and All That You Can't Leave Behind. They just get better, more energetic, and more dynamic as time goes by. So, I've gotta get in there - snarling, crying, begging, teeth-baring, and with utter resolve to check this one off the list.

Comments:
Sorry, Esther -- I feel a touch guilty being one of the casual fans who got tickets ahead of the hardcores. Talk about a crapshoot, eh? Makes you wonder why some got into the site and not others, when everyone's trying at the same time.

Did some of your crew end up getting a chance to pick up crummy tickets and passed? Or just no chance to get any? In the a couple of minutes after the second show became available, there was literally nothing left...shocking speed.

Like you said, you'll get in there somehow.
 
Jer,

Hey, at least someone got in! Don't feel badly about scoring tickets because I'm so stoked for you two - it's going to be fantastic. Plus, I'll be there no matter what, so it'll be a good evening... for us all.

To answer your question, none of my friends even got crap tickets and dumped them. Just shut out completely. Amazing.

- E
 
It bums me out, because I could have gotten more tickets, but it never occurred to me that you'd get shut out. I suppose we could have coordinated it better, but it sounded like you were as prepared as you possibly could have been. Can't believe your whole crew was stymied.

I didn't even know they were going on sale till Myron called me the night before and said we should try to get some tickets. I ended up getting greedy and trying for the two floor tickets first, and got 'em, then on the other computer got two more that are up behind the stage (all I could get at 9:33). So we're not sure who's going to go and how we'll split them up yet. I'll let you know if it looks like a spare might materialize.
 
Hope this helps......this is where I usually find my tickets when the show is sold out, or sell mine when I end up not being able to go. http://vancouver.craigslist.org/tix/

Just type in U2 in the search section, and it will show all the tickets for sale currently. Also they tend to get cheaper the closer to the show it gets, because people want to make sure to get them sold.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?