Sunday, March 20, 2005
A bit of a running update:
On April 17th, Angelo and I will be running the Vancouver Sun Run. It's his first running event and it's a big one.
I did the SunRun back in '92 with my high school P.E. class. As a class, we were a bunch of keeners of both grade 11 and 12 girls, since we chose to do P.E. as an elective while others took classes like Home Ec and variations of basket-weaving as their filler electives. For some reason, I thought we were hard core - maybe because our teacher was intrepid. She was the one to always kick our ass on a run, reminding us that if we were serious about grade 12 P.E., we better try to beat her. We never did. On that first SunRun, Val kicked all our butts and I'll never forget it. She is part of why I run today.
I just registered for the Vancouver Scotiabank 1/2 marathon. I'm hopeful it will reignite the training heart and mind. I love the training head, although I haven't tried it on yet with that of the work+commuter life. It'll be an interesting experiment.
I've started the morning runs. It isn't bad since the sun is up early and it energizes me for the remainder of the day. It makes getting into that car for fifty minutes a little less draining.
On April 17th, Angelo and I will be running the Vancouver Sun Run. It's his first running event and it's a big one.
I did the SunRun back in '92 with my high school P.E. class. As a class, we were a bunch of keeners of both grade 11 and 12 girls, since we chose to do P.E. as an elective while others took classes like Home Ec and variations of basket-weaving as their filler electives. For some reason, I thought we were hard core - maybe because our teacher was intrepid. She was the one to always kick our ass on a run, reminding us that if we were serious about grade 12 P.E., we better try to beat her. We never did. On that first SunRun, Val kicked all our butts and I'll never forget it. She is part of why I run today.
I just registered for the Vancouver Scotiabank 1/2 marathon. I'm hopeful it will reignite the training heart and mind. I love the training head, although I haven't tried it on yet with that of the work+commuter life. It'll be an interesting experiment.
I've started the morning runs. It isn't bad since the sun is up early and it energizes me for the remainder of the day. It makes getting into that car for fifty minutes a little less draining.
Comments:
<< Home
What exciting news! Both you and Angelo! More power to both of you. I am excited for both of you in regards to this event ... seeing it is something you will be doing together. May it be everything you want and more. Happy marathoning!!!
Mama E
Mama E
You are such an running inspiration! Obviously you are an inspiration to Angelo as well. I think it is awesome that he is going to run with you in the SunRun.
If I can ever get my ass in gear I would love to run with you one day. I know it will take a lot of work but maybe one day!
If I can ever get my ass in gear I would love to run with you one day. I know it will take a lot of work but maybe one day!
All the best with the marathon! I'm sure Angelo will do fine as well. I still remember the days of working out at my cousin's gym and I seem to recall Angelo complaining that he didn't get a good "burn" doing armcurls and so I got him to do 21's. I believe the result was not being able to lift his arms up the next day! Good to hear that you are both staying fit and healthy! Have fun exploring play and the limits of good pain!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home

