Thursday, March 31, 2005

I figure it's only fair to give you - my lovely, loyal readership - my blog's death date notice: April 11th. I've run outta steam (despite my latest Walmart rant) and feel it's only fair to tie it up one year after its beginning.

I've truly enjoyed the blog process. I may do it again sometime, but for now - I'm not doing it so well and that bugs me quite a bit. I'd rather do it well, stay true to its purpose and be consistent. So, with that, a few more posts to come and then I bid Culture Shock adieu.

Bear in mind, that this blog expires, it gives me the opportunity to respond to other blogs with greater regularity and thoughtfulness, my journal some action (paper journal - what a concept) and my eyes a break from the screen.

Cheers!

Comments:
I have felt this with my own blog as well...however, you lasted a lot longer than I probably will. I will miss your posts, as they allow me to think in depth about topics I normally would not even take interest. Thank you for the lovely insights over the past year!
 
J,
You are too sweet with your words. I anticipate, though, that this will result in greater, in depth chats and e-mails (as we were so fervent while I traveled and shortly thereafter) between you and I. Who knows, maybe a few phantom posts will appear after I officially kill the blog. Just, for old-times :)

- E
 
I've definitely enjoyed the occasional dialogue with some of your postings but like all stories - eventually there are endings. Feel free to post your thoughts anytime on my attempts at blogging (my current attempt at defining play for instance); I think it is much more rewarding when interaction takes place.

My gut tells me though that there may be life after the death of this blog - culture shock is a topic worthy of exploration!

G
 
Fair enough. I think anyone with a blog can relate. I find I enjoy having mine as a spot to put things for reference and have gotten over trying to "be there" for my audience, if there is one. Yes, I'd love to post more but I'm not willing to give it up altogether either.

Good luck with the paper journal, it's quite fun to reflect without the pressure of someone else reading it. I don't get to mine that often but it feels really different from a post, almost like a guilty pleasure.
 
Garth,

Thanks for the encouragement. I certainly have enjoyed our frequent dialogues via blogs. It would be great to actually meet!

You'll see me weighing in on your blogs a little more frequently post-April.

Cheers, E
 
Tan,

I knew you'd let me off the hook. I'll be sure to step up my e-mail frequency as a result ;).

Hugs, E
 
I am sad that your blog is coming to an end! I really enjoy reading all your posts. You inspired me to write my own blog on Life With Ella. All good things must come to end at one point or another, so farewell Culture Shock, you will be missed!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?